CSI446 INFORMATION SYSTEM PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Lecturer: O.T. EYITAYO
CSI420 Web Computing
Aims and Objectives: The objectives of the course are to provide students with an appreciation of the major technical and organizational issues related to e-business and e-commerce. It introduces contemporary ways in which companies use the Internet. World-Wide-Web, and other electronic media for conducting and expanding business.
Upon successful completion of the course, each student will be able to:
- Define and discuss major concepts, tools, techniques, and methods of e-business and e-commerce.
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of different e-business models.
- Explain technical, ethical, security and policy issues in e-business.
- Analyze how e-business affects the strategic intent and operations of an organization.
- Plan, design, and develop a significant e-commerce project with an application of best practices that are currently available.
Introduction to E-Business; Models, Tools, Skills, Business,Concepts; E-Business Infrastructures; Technical Foundations, E-Commerce Concepts:. Types, Marketing and Distribution. Current practices: Social, Ethical, Security & Legal Issues; Developing Electronic Commerce Applications.
After being introduced to Internet technologies and the building of Web based applications in CSI315, this course takes the students further by demonstrating how the technologies and applications are used to deliver e-commerce and e-business solutions.
- Lecturer: A Masizana-Katongo
This course covers the following topics: Overview of computer networks, overview of computer security, system vulnerabilities (administrative, application, and network), cryptography, digital signatures, authentication protocols, network management.
- Lecturer: Tebogo Seipone