- Paper submission: Opens 20 August, 2018 – 10 September, 2018
- Extended till 27th September 2018
- Acceptance Notification: 30 September, 2018
- New submission notification: 9th October 2018
- Camera-ready due: 15 October, 2018
- 1-2 November 2018: Conference
The Third International Conference on the Internet, Cyber Security and Information Systems (ICICIS), University of Botswana Conference Centre Gaborone, Botswana, November 1-2, 2018.
ICICIS 2018 will this year address progress and new trends in internet use in relation to cyber security. The conference builds on the previous ICICIS2016 and ICICIS2017.
The conference will do this by bringing together stakeholders and delegates. The Keynotes will be given by high profile international guest specialist on Cyber Security from various countries. The common running thread for the interactions and deliberations and outputs will also help feed into the development of a Model National Cyber security Strategy that could be used as a template by countries most of which will be represented from the region and the continent to build on. The target audience for the conference include Academics, Policy Makers, Information security Experts and the private sector.
The high-level themes of the 2018 edition are:
- Policy, strategy and regulatory frameworks addressing cyber-security
- Critical infrastructure and services, including protection structures such as Computer Emergency Response Teams (CERTs)
- Cyber-security capacity building and awareness
- High Performance Computing, Data Cyber-infrastructure and Trustworthy Research Data Cyber-infrastructure for research and innovation.
The conference sub-themes are (but not limited to the following):
- Cyber security
- Data and information security
- Digital libraries
- Document based forensics
- Forgery detection
- Future internet
- Health informatics
- High Performance Computing
- Open Data and Open Science
- Intelligent systems
- International internet law
- Legal informatics, Jurimetrics
- Mobile applications
- Privacy, Personal data, Surveillance
- Psychology of cyberspace
- Signature analysis
- Social networks
We would like to invite you to submit a paper and also attend this International conference. All authors are requested to submit original work that has NOT previously been published. Full papers are required and should adhere to the following requirements:
- Must not exceed 8 pages in length in the standard IEEE format at: http://www.ieee.org/web/publications/pubservices/confpub/AuthorTools/con...
- The paper must be in the above specified IEEE template
- Author must provide a list of 5 keywords that describe the contents of the paper.
- Papers must be written and presented in English.
- Papers must be submitted as Microsoft Word file or LaTeX
- Papers must have a paper title, but NO author name(s) and contact details on them, due to the double-blind review process that is followed.
All submissions will be double blind peer reviewed by the International Programme Committee and authors will receive feedback by 9 October, 2018. Accepted authors will then be invited to submit a final paper taking account of feedback provided for inclusion in the conference proceedings by 15, October, 2018.
Conference registration fees are as follows:
- Attending ICICIS 2018 conference only: P1 500
- Registered for IDW 2018 as well: P750
- Student: P750